Pekepals Q & A Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pekepals Q & A Board

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pekingese won't eat dog food!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BLACKSTONE
Admin
BLACKSTONE

Female
Number of posts : 13
Pekingese Names : Buddha, Sasi, Ali, Chet, Nicky
Pekingese Experience in Years : 24 years
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Pekingese won't eat dog food! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:49 pm

leereed60 wrote:
My peke loves brussells pate and i make small balls with his normal kibble so he is getting his nutrition aswell as the pate - its just an occasional treat but its one good way of getting hPekingese won't eat dog food! 30551_11im to eat.

Hi leereed60, boy it's been so long since anyone has posted here! I am surprised that you were able to find us. Your little Pekingese BooBoo is beautiful. :-)
If you would like to join us on our regular site, Pekepals on Yahoogroups we would love to have and your peke.
Here is the address to subscribe. You'll need to sign up with Yahoo if you haven't done so already.

pekepals-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Pekepals/info
Back to top Go down
http://www.pekepals.com
leereed60

Male
Number of posts : 1
Pekingese Names : booboo
Pekingese Experience in Years : 4
Registration date : 2015-01-28

PostSubject: found new food for fussy peke   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:21 pm

My peke loves brussells pate and i make small balls with his normal kibble so he is getting his nutrition aswell as the pate - its just an occasional treat but its one good way of getting hPekingese won't eat dog food! 30551_11im to eat.
Back to top Go down
PickePekingese

Female
Number of posts : 25
Pekingese Names : Picke
Pekingese Experience in Years : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 am

Is feeding your dogs with eggs everyday healthy? Won't he have any skin problems?
Back to top Go down
BLACKSTONE
Admin
BLACKSTONE

Female
Number of posts : 13
Pekingese Names : Buddha, Sasi, Ali, Chet, Nicky
Pekingese Experience in Years : 24 years
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 am

TeeZee, how old is your peke? Sounds like he really has your number, ggg Chicken is very good for him and so are frutis and vegetables. Don't feed bread, raisins, grapes, onions, chocolate, fruit pits, or anything that has Xylitol in it. They are all toxic to dogs.

I know 3 days seems like a lot of time but eventually he will get hungry and he will eat his food if you just have it available in the bowl. I know it is hard to see him not eat but if you really want him to go back to eating from his bowl you need to just stop feeding him by hand. He will eat, I know he will. He just has your number and he is stubborn. He knows that you'll cave but you have to be stronger. Just keep his bowl full of kibbles available to him 24/7 and he will eat when he gets hungry enough. I know my reply is a little over a month since you posted so I hope that you have had some luck since then. Please let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pekepals.com
Phyllis

Male
Number of posts : 17
Pekingese Names : Leo & Monet
Pekingese Experience in Years : 2yrs & 4mos
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 4:38 am

leo is picky about his dry food. he won't eat it by itself. but if i mix it up in his chicken he will eat it all.i feed him chicken and veggies in the evening. he won't eat any purchased dog food. so i cook for him. and now for his little sister. but she sill eat anything that isn't nailed down. he won't eat the dry food pellets out of my hand so i think you are ahead in that aspect. have you tried softening it? with warm water? i know leo is a lazy chewer when it comes to eating. i have to cut everything up small or he will gulp it down without chewing. also have you tried mixing it in yogurt? a little at a time. give more yogurt than dry food. another one is peanut butter. that works with pills. hope this halps a little. i am also learning.
good luck!
leo & monet's mom
Back to top Go down
teezee

Female
Number of posts : 1
Pekingese Names : Robbie
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 3:22 am

My pekingese is soo picky he wont eat his dog pellets. This has been going on for quite some time so I resorted to giving him other things like chicken, bread, fruits, etc. But now, he is even picky about those things. SOMETIMES I can get him to eat his dog pellets if i handfeed but that it is a rare occasion. I tried putting him on dog pellets again and making him eat from his bowl but he would not eat for 3 days when i did this imagine! i can not continue to starve him just to get him to eat like a normal dog eating pellets from his dog bowl because he wont eat if i do. HOW do i get him to eat his dog pellets again from his bowl everyday like a normal dog??!!!!!!!!!!! and please dont just say that i need to rub gravy on the pellets because he WILL not eat them ive tried all methods. i need a new method because he will not get fooled by tricks. you guys have pekingese you know how stubborn the breed is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pekingese won't eat dog food!   Pekingese won't eat dog food! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pekingese won't eat dog food!
Page 1 of 1